My post today on Techpinions is on privacy and security, and was sparked by what’s been widely called the “iCloud hack” since the news broke at the weekend. Since we know little about the mechanics of the hack so far, I’ve held off commenting on the specifics, but instead shared five more general thoughts on privacy and security:
- If Apple really is at fault, it needs to remedy the situation fast
- The impact to Apple will be very limited
- Privacy attacks are very targeted
- The difference between careless and deliberate privacy invasions
- Users are always the weak point in security.
Feel free to head over there to read the piece in full, and as always feel free to join the comments section – it’s always a good place for vibrant discussions on the issues.